Friday, January 08, 2010

Ten Years of Pure Awesomeness!

For those of you that have seen Kung Fu Panda, the words of Po perfectly describe the last ten years of our marriage.


Home-made Anniversary Cake

Yes, yesterday was our ten year anniversary. I am so blessed to be married to a guy that leads me and our family on many adventures of awesomeness. Even during the challenging times, I love being married to Jeff. I wouldn't want any one else and I am so glad he chose me.

The last ten years feel as if they have flown by. I know the years have passed when I look out at wintry Alaska (we started off in tropical Puerto Rico!), think back on our time in Abilene, and notice my two beautiful boys. (I actually do more than just 'notice' them as they are usually demanding my attention). I am blessed however, to be able to still say how much I love and adore my husband. I look forward to the coming years and adventures together. My favorite person to live life with is still, Jeff. I just hope that in 50 years we have as much spunk as this fun couple.

We celebrated our anniversary by eating a delicious rib-eye dinner and homemade strawberry cake with our friends, Danny and Gail. We then watched the game that "shall-not-be-named". (Our prayers go out to the McCoys...UT's efforts were admirable and inspiring).


Sharing a conciliatory kiss after a bitter defeat...

No comments: