Friday, January 08, 2010

The Baby



I know, I know, some of you may not want to hear a mom go on and on about their child. So, if you are one of those people: stop reading.

I am in love with this kid. Nate has to be one of the coolest kids on the planet, and I love a lot of kids. Spending time with him is like warm brie on a cracker, or the perfect cup of soup after a cold afternoon working outdoors. He is such a comforter and a blessing to our family. His goofy grin is enough to make the Grinch crack a smile.

He is beginning to get a real personality. As previously mentioned, the kid loves to chow down. He can eat. If I am a little slow in preparing his food (or even in between bites) he lets me know of his displeasure by slamming his hands down on his tray and sounding off. When I turn to him and let him know that is not appropriate and to chill out, he cocks his head to the side and grins.

One of my favorite things to watch is how much he adores his daddy and brother. He can sit and stare at Leif in sheer wonderment. You can see the love and adoration in his eyes. It is as if he is saying, "Wow, you are so cool!" He especially gets this look when he watches Leif and his daddy wrestle.

"Thank you, God for these boys. They are yours...what an awesome God you are for letting us raise them these fleeting years."

No comments: