Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Proud Moment: My Son's 1st Imaginary Friend

I typically gag inwardly anytime I read a Christmas letter or talk with a mom that blatantly extols the wonders of her perfect children. My kids are just as awesome as any others, I just like to keep most of their accomplishments "in house" if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong I will sit you down to let you know just how much I love my children and how blessed they make me feel, I just hope I don't venture too far into the field of "brag-adocia".

With that being said, my oldest son is a rock star. I am so super pumped! He told me the most amazing thing today: he has an imaginary friend!!!! Can you believe it?!!

He was sitting at the lunch table eating a burrito and he looks up at me and says,
"Momma, do you see that rabbit?"

"Where, son?" I ask.

"Right there!" he says as he points to a spot on the floor.

"Oh, that rabbit. Yes, I see him," I respond.

"She is named Buzz. She is lellow," He tells me.

He then went on to introduce his imaginary rabbit to our dog, Red. I didn't have the heart to tell him, but Red is a viscous rabbit killer and impressed my husband
this summer by bringing him the head of a snowshoe hare.

Here is a picture of Buzz:


I will keep you posted if she survives the week. Maybe Buzz and Pawna can hang out sometime.

2 comments:

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

I am glad to see you are posting more now in blogland. I love hearing about your life.
I think your picture of buzz is priceless.
Love ya,
CiCi

Katie said...

that is hilarious!!!! I love it!!!